Monday, November 18, 2013

Introduction





When I was a little girl, my grandmother, Dessie Kinley, taught me my first Bible stories and verses.  That was such an important part of my life.  

Now, I have two grown sons and I look forward to the day that I will be a grandmother, too.  I want to continue this with you and my own grandchildren, as well.

Mary Benton suggested that I begin to write and plan this book.  "What a great idea!" I said.  And so I began.

The Bible is my favorite book.  It is the holy words of God and has great power.  It gives us hope and wisdom in a world where it is greatly needed.  Above all, it shows us how very much God loves you and me.

I have so many  favorite stories and verses but instead of starting at the beginning, with God and his creations, I am starting with the most important person in all of history, Jesus, the son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment